Saturday, January 28, 2006

Another Friday

Regular header, "what to start with today?"

How about chronological order?

Okay, so, 1am this morning, going to need to be up at about 9am, so I want to sleep. Took a dose of nyquil, the greatest shit ever invented. Promptly slept. Slept well. Alarm went off at 9 and I woke quite happily to the sun in my window. Reason I was getting up early - the plumber was coming to fix a problem I've had with my toilet for quite some time now. Specifically, the tank wasnt bolted on, and it leaked :S. Without going into too much detail about this crisis, the water damaged the hardwood behind the wall the toilet is on. Somebodys gotta pay for that. The plumber was kinda a dick, insinuating that I must have loosened the bolts to create the problem, since 'his guys would never leave a job uninspected like that'. Fuck him. On the plus side, he tightened the bolts that I could have done myself, but really...if I touched it, it could be my fault. Back to my main story: I got up so this guy would arrive and fix it, and be on his way. He forgot to come over...so here I am, up when I dont have to be, waiting for someone who isnt going to show up. I call my mom who calls the contractor who calls the plumber to an answer of "oh shit, forgot...be there soon". More of this story will unfold in the future.


Called up Evan today. Havent talked to that guy in person in a long long long time. Odd how things like that work out. I blame myself for not keeping in touch enough. So anyway, we head out to pasta-bilities. Amazing resturaunt. Roger made us some great pasta - Rigatoni with some spiced tomato sauce, with meatballs. Great deal!

Then we headed to the mall and played a few rounds of DDR...he's getting pretty good, I cant say as I did anything amazing, but still amazed the hell out of the crowd :D That was a fun, 5 dollar afternoon...

Seven o'clock rolls around, and its time to go volunteer. It was a good time. The kids werent bad, especially not good though. Really loud, as if hyped up on caffiene or something. By the second hour my brain, and body was shot. I just walked around the Y making sure kids were where they were supposed to be. For the last few minutes, I sat doing nothing, exhausted.

ONWARD!
Watched Bubba Ho-Tep. That movie sucks. On the good movie scale, its a 3.5 out of 10. On the 'bad' movie scale, its a 4 out of 10. Its not good at being an entertaining movie, nor a good mockable bad movie. That movie just....sucked. The writer/director should have his ass kicked twice...for both writing, AND directing it.

Nothing else of note today...thats just, my day. You're Welcome!

No comments: