Tuesday, July 18, 2006

2 Days

off...

I worked for 9 straight, and got 2 days in a row off. WHAT did I do with them?

well... I'll tell you. Yesterday, the 17th of July, I slept essentially in till 6pm.
Today, I slept till 1pm.

I need to make more friends around here (self-realisation at this point that I'm slowly becoming a sap.) The friends I do have are awesome to the n-th degree, but everybodys gotta work, so I never see any of them.


Back in time - a few days

At the Edmonton International (I love how there's international stuff here) Street performers festival, I talked with a gentleman about his act after he was done, the logistics of running a show, having fun, showing off, and making money. He was managing his show from New Zealand, where he works half the year, then busks the other half while globetrotting. I'd love to do that.

Had a lan party at andys the other night, Starcraft over network is the bomb. Then, carrying my computer back into my building a drunk guy came up and INSISTED I was gonna drop something (I was carrying the tower under one arm, the lcd in the other, and the keyboard etc in a bag with the monitor arm) he kept trying to grab the monitor from me, and he could barely stand up. I understand he was trying to help, but he nearly made me drop the screen. I had to compromise and let him carry the keyboard bag, so that he felt helpful. Then we got to my apartment (he lives in my building), and he just walks in the door before me. What if I had a dead cat hung as an ornament in the entrance? Not that I would, thats a terrible thought, but you dont just walk into peoples houses...in my opionion. He put my keyboard on the stove, and left, closing the door behind him. I reopened as I'd left the computer outside the door to free a hand to unlock. He was a little hissy that I immediately reopened the door. Drunk strangers...

No comments: