Friday, July 07, 2006

Bet you thought I'd forgotten about you!



Well then...
A good friend of mine showed me his collection of handmade chainmaille samples, and I thought I should make something. I also had a plan to fabricate a choker/collar for my good friend Kattia - Well...8 hours, 316 titanium rings, and plenty of learning later, I had made this!











I got a little name plaque engraved, and drilled some holes in the edges, then wired it on with some plastic coated steel wire.






The clasp is really simple - a small brass padlock, pictures of it ON Katt are to come :).













The rest of my life? not much, simply been doing the Census help line job to pay the bills. Perhaps I'll update again one day.

1 comment:

Jon Mastel said...

That is cool. Making chainmail. Now you don't have to worry about a swrdsman braking into your house and killing you in your sleep. Chainmail PJs, all the cool people have them.