Saturday, July 29, 2006

Week++

Hrm. Not really sure what even to bring up.

I had to jank the cd player out of the trunk of my car. It has 2 problems
1) It is mainly a steel box, mounted inside, on little airbags is the cd changer itself. One of these airbags has gone flat, so it no longer provides nice cushy support for the player. = skippy skippy. I think it also caused problem number 2...
2) The cd cartridge (6 disk holder thing) ejected, not by the changer's choice, but rather by a bump, leaving a CD in the player, and a cartridge sans one disk. This turns out to be a problem in that the player refuses to try to eject a cd back into a cartridge that its not 100% sure doesnt have a disk in that slot. THUS, it wouldnt turn on. just read "Err" on the screen. Not good.

ANYWAY, took the bastard apart tonight and through careful manipulation of the integral bits of the workings and such, I pulled the cd out from its deadly clutches. I only cut myself twice. Fingers bleed lots. Putting it back together was a chore x3, and getting it remounted in the car was less than fun...silly Germans. That said - it works now. I burned the Pendulum album I got from andy, who got it from Kevin. It's a D&B Mix, with a promenant melody over a vastly changing bassline. Wow, is it ever mixed for my car's stereo. Wow.

Car stereo aside...I need a life.

No comments: